Sunday, November 27, 2005

Teh Break

Wednesday PM:
Drove out to mom's house after I got off of work. I watched Lost and Law and Order at my grandma's. Then I walked over to mom's and watched Ocean's 12. I bought it, because it was cheap at Walmart, but I hadn't watched it yet. It was good enough. I thought it was an interesting movie and a nice sequel. Sequels are hard to make good. After that, I watched some TV and went to bed.

Thanksgiving Thursday:
I awoke on Thursday about 8AM. I mulled about about a bit and took a shower. My grandpa and great grandma showed up around lunch time and we had our Thanksgiving meal. It was awesome, as usual, and I ate way too much, as usual. After that, my grandpa and I took a drive in this little V-6 convertible that he picked up at the auction. He got it for $1300 and I would take it off his hands but my gas mileage on the Saturn is way too good. Plus it's got more miles than my Saturn, and it's a 94. However, it can really get up. After grandpa and great grandma left, we headed to Fordoche to the Meche side of the family. There was fried turkey, but I came for the great conversation. I love talking with my Meche grandparents. I got to see my dad, which always makes me happy. I think that he thinks since I never come over that I don't care about him. It's completely untrue, and if it weren't that I didn't have time to make a one hour trip to see him, I would visit all the time. I hope I can make time to see him more often. I love my dad a lot, and I'm very proud of him. After a cup of coffe and some talking, we all decided to go back to old river to my grandparents trailor. It was my grandparents, mom and the kids, Jonathan and Crystal, some friends of my grandparents, and me. I spent a lot of time talking to Jonathan and Crystal about their wedding. They're very excited about it, and I'm excited for them. After Jonathan and Crystal left the conversation turned to a topic that I really don't want to discuss on here. I'm not afraid to talk about it, and if you ask me in real life, I will talk about it. I just don't want to bring it up here, because it's something that my grandparents are being respectfully silent about, and I'm trying to do the same. We eventually left for home, and I decided to go back to the apartment, because I had to be at the mall early.

Black Friday:
I stayed up all night Thursday night. I watched three TV shows that I had missed, and then I went out to the mall about 4AM. Standing outside of a department store for 4 hours, I almost regretting not bringing a jacket...at least until I got inside. Inside the mall it was quite toasty. I was nearly sweating. After much searching and waiting I found what I was looking for and hopped over to CompUSA. I wanted to buy a digital camera there, and although i had the money (and a great deal on the camera), I didnt' have the money to spend. After that I went home and caught up on sleep then went back to mom's to watch the LSU game with grandma and eat leftovers. I slept at mom's Friday night.

Saturday:
I got up on Saturday and filled up with leftovers. Then I drove home to my apartment. I went through all my clothes and bagged up a lot of them. I picked up and cleaned off my bed. I think I may acctually be able to sleep on it for the first time in months. I went to Walmart and got a much needed tire change. I then decided to play some WoW for the first time in over 3 weeks. I ran BRD with the guildies, and made it over half way to 56 with all the rested I had stored up, not to mention the quests I completed. I went to bed late.

Sunday:
Woke up, and drove out to mom's where I laid around all day. We had white beans, and then I watched the Chiefs/Patriots game. After that, I said my goodbyes and headed home. After I got home I put away the rest of my clothes and popped in War of the Worlds to write this entry, while eagerly awaiting the return of my beloved. It wasn't a very productive break, but it was quite relaxing.

2 comments:

Candice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John T. Meche III said...
This comment has been removed by the author.