Thursday, October 27, 2005

Time for a change

Due to the current controversy about the flying of:

confederate_flag
Originally uploaded by johntmeche3.

at LSU by tailgaters during football games, I have decided that there is a need for a change. If the NAACP on campus has a problem with the flying of the purple an gold confederate flag, then maybe it is time for a change. There are many other flags that we could use in purple and gold to show our heritage and our support of LSU.


American flag
Originally uploaded by johntmeche3.


This one is pretty obvious on face value. It is our current flag and shows both patriotism and sweet LSU lovin'.


jolly
Originally uploaded by johntmeche3.


This flag is totally awesome. Not only is Jeanne LaFitte a pivotal character in American history, everybody wants to be a pirate (or a ninja but there's no ninja flag). Let's fly it like it's going out of style!


Canada Flag
Originally uploaded by johntmeche3.


We Louisianians are a bunch of cajuns. Being cajuns our ancestors are from Acadiana. That's up in Canada. So we should sport a Canadian LSU flag to show our Acadian heritage.


union jack
Originally uploaded by johntmeche3.


Those of us who aren't cajuns are probably decended from the British...or something. Anyway, here's a nice British flag to show our heritage of the country that we fought to get away from.

3 comments:

The Nicsperiment said...

I go with the jolly roger.
I've already stated my opinion against el-confederente flag. Some veterans may find the American flag in LSU colors disrespectful. Also, veterans of the often forgotten war against Canada during the cold war (1958-59) may be offended by the Canadian one. Of course the English flag is going to offend the pirates. But pirates, known for the humble acts of raping and pillaging, are offensive to no one.
I say we go with the pirate flag.
Or, we could just make an LSU flag that simply states pride in the university. You know, one with the tiger on it, and nothing else. Since LSU is IN the South, I think it would be pretty safe to assume that anyone cheering for LSU is proud of the South, and doesn't need a Confederate flag to prove it. I don't think someone seeing Jim Bob holding up an LSU flag unstead of an LSU-Confederate flag would doubt Jim Bob's Southern pride.
"Hmmm, Jim Bob's Flag ain't got the X and stars on it...does he hate the South, now?"
Yeah, I'm tired. Of rednecks.
I'm sleepy, too.
Begin the heckling!!!

The Nicsperiment said...

Hey, since I just referenced it, I thought I should link to the entry I made about the Confederate flag back in January. I still like it, too:
http://thenicsperiment.blogspot.com/2005/01/states-rights.html

svickn said...

What's with these ppl spamming their sites on our blogs john? GOSH

Personally I'm insulted at the lack of French Flag... and no Canadia doesn't count... and no that's not "what she said."