Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Weekend Update with John Meche

Ok boys and girls. Friday night was cool. I bought a new bike. I had been checking out the $159 Schwinn at Wal Mart and could not bring myself to buy it. I just didn't want to spend that much on a new bike, even if it was high quality and would definitely last me until I am finished at LSU. I went to the Wal Mart in Central (which is now a city) and I dropped off a demo kit there. I didn't feel like working the weekend. I decided to go out the grocery door, so I could peek in and see if John was working. He wasn't, so I walked out and looked at the bike clearance rack. Low and behold my Schwinn was there for only $100! Well, acctually, it wasn't my Schwinn. It was another Schwinn. All of the equipment (gears, brakes, etc) was the same, but it has a lighter frame and a checkered flag design (yuk). Needless to say I scooped it up very quickly. I then went to my great grandmother's to visit and catch up on things.
Saturday I slept in late (w00t). Then mom called to eat lunch, but I had to turn her down cause I was doing something else. Jonathan and Crystal called for me to take them out to Chillies. That's right...I took my little brother and his fiancee out to celebrate their highschool graduation. Old am I. We had some great conversation, and they were going to come over to my place, but after some car trouble, they thought it best to go home. I then called Paul to go to the movies. We hung out a while then went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's definitely one of the year's best films. I don't want to give anything away, but Johnny Depp has proven himself to be one of the greatest actors of all time. Tim Burton has not lost his touch at all. This movie is INCREDIBLE. After the movie, we watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and I went home and spent most of the night cleaning my room a bit.
I slept in again Sunday, and after awakening, I decided to go talk to Cingular about the cell phone bill. Well they are closed on Sundays...of course. I decided then to go to Shoe Carnival and check out their prices on Converse. A certain LA Tech Canadian summer missionary, who will remain nameless, turned me on to the idea, and so i decided to try them. I was expecting $40 a pair, but I was pleasantly suprised to find out that they're $30. I bought a pair and wore them to Sojourn. Wow. These shoes are rockin. The high tops support my ankles and the canvas allow my feet to breathe. They're a pleasure to wear, and I am a person who hates shoes. Anyway...it's 1:07 AM and it's time for me to wrap up and get to bed. All in all a good weekend. Later kids...

No comments: